Request info or schedule a demo →
Choosing the right wireless microphone for needs: A comprehensive buyer’s guide
Types of wireless microphone systems:
The purpose and need of wireless microphone systems need to be understood first. When buying a wireless microphone system, try different brands and models, kind of performance and match your requirements.
- UHF (ultra-high frequency) vs VHF (Very high frequency) wireless microphone systems. Walkie-talkies, radio-controlled toys use VHF signals.
- Analog vs digital wireless microphone systems
- Dynamic wireless microphones used for live concerts and passed to multiple speakers.
- Condensers are used in broadcasting as they are invisible.
- Headsets are hands-free movements used in fitness instruction or dancing.
How to pick the best wireless microphone?
It is important to know how to choose a good microphone and here are some basic checklists you need to be sure about a few things.
How far or distance that receiver receives the signal and fades out. If the signal strength is too low, then it means you need to draw near to the receiver so without a certain range, the signal reduces, so you can’t go for such a wireless microphone. Ensure the specific range the signal strength is optimum before selecting one.
- How much is required to run the microphone?
- What type of batteries are needed? (AA, AAA, 9V batteries)
- What is the durability of the mic battery? Average time will last about 5 hours on a full charge.
- It is environmentally friendly unlike the disposable ones.
- Disposable one causes and contributes to pollution
- Rechargeable batteries can easily be recycled without harming the environment.
- It is always good to prefer low-cost rechargeable batteries with long lasting durability.
This is another factor, where some might need to consider.
You need to buy a suitable mic or transmitter set because not all companies offer the same design. So, you need to ensure whether it works on iOS and android or on both. As some of the brands may work for all gadgets and some may not, so before buying know which device is suitable for it to set up.
It is better to shop for microphones, transmitters and receivers of the same brand, frequency and functions. As some may not work with just receivers since they need to be under the same frequency. You cannot use many wireless microphones in one receiver.
So, the tip here is- you need to consider more than brand and price while buying a wireless microphone system and adapter that matches the requirements.
Does benchmark technomate satisfy these factors? Yes. You can find the BM_MIC, a wireless mic kit is sufficient as it offers features that includes
- Excellent broadcast sound quality and construction
- Range up to 100 meters/330 feet
- Suitable for outdoor shoots and field recordings
- Operate up to 8 hours
- High flexibility
- Easy to wear and light weight